A journey through Aboriginal Australia
The Illamurta Springs is in the southern foothills of the James Range and the presence of a permanent natural spring. The Illamurta Springs Police Camp was established between 1893 and 1912 after the closure of the Boggy Hole Police Station. The Police Station functioned for a time as an administrative centre and as a distribution point of rations to Aboriginal people.
Spencer (BSM41) notes an Achilpa ceremony for Illamurta.
Language Group Arrernte
Institution Museum Victoria